Reusable Menstrual Disc with Removal Notch
- Unit Price
The Saalt Disc, at your cervix™, is designed to be the most comfortable and easiest reusable disc to insert and remove. Because the Saalt Disc doesn’t rely on suction to seal and positions behind your pubic bone, it’s ideal for those with bladder sensitivities, a weak pelvic floor or a low or high cervix. Includes a custom finger notch that makes removal a breeze.
Regular: For average to heavy flow
Small: For light to average flow
- 12 hours of protection day and night
- Reusable for up to 10 years
- Can use for no-mess period sex
- Maintains your natural pH
Includes one disc + one carry bag
- Pinch disc into a figure 8
- Insert and tuck behind pubic bone
- To remove, hook finger into disc and gently pull out
There are a few different techniques when it comes to keeping your disc clean, so here are a few of our go-to suggestions!
It is important to sanitize your disc before first use and before or after each period. You can do this by either:
- Boiling your disc for 4-5 minutes (Pro-tip: put your disc in tongs or a whisk to keep it from touching the bottom of the pan)
- Wipe your disc with 70% isopropyl alcohol, allowing the cup to dry completely so the alcohol can evaporate
During your period, you will want to clean your disc at least once every 12 hours. You can do so by rinsing the disc with cold water (to prevent staining) and then washing the disc with hot water and a wash that is mild, pH-balanced, fragrance-free, oil-free, and rinses clean with no residue.
End of Life
When it’s finally time to say goodbye to your silicone menstrual disc you can burn it to ash. Medical grade silicone is derived from silica, which is found in sand. Silicone is made through a chemical process but from natural materials, so the ash left behind isn’t harmful to the environment.