Content Marketing Intern
What You'll Do
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-driven Digital Content Intern with strong copywriting, photography and video skills who will thrive in a fast-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who wants to work as part of a growing start-up team to gain valuable experience creating content and adapting current and emerging digital trends to our mission-based brand.
Who You Are
- Role Model: embrace sustainable, zero waste living in everyday life and passionately share that information with customers
- People Leader: the capacity to lead and influence others to reach common goals
- Problem Solver: focus on the main objective, identify trends, get to the bottom of problems, and then solve the problem with sustainable solutions
- Change Maker: constantly looking for ways to improve current way of doing things, never settles
- High Standards: strong ability to set a high standard and drive ongoing execution on behalf of self and broader team and organization
- Results Driven: focused on execution and driving outcomes with others; has strong ability to prioritize, project manage and drive organization to specific and measurable results
- Coachable: actively looks for feedback to grow and improve
- Self-starter: takes initiative, thinks of big picture, relays brand needs and communicates with the team
- Collaborative: actively collaborates to drive brand’s marketing strategy and achieve results
- Emotional Intelligence: Ability to recognize, understand, and manage feelings/emotions to effectively engage with the greater team
- Ability to maneuver around shop and office; work around and with refillable products; lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including travel, to meet the needs of the business including nights, weekends, holidays
How You'll Do It
- Create original content for social media channels and our website including blog articles, social posts, stories, reels, videos, website banners, etc.
- Grow social media following and increase website traffic coming from social platforms
- Monitor social media performance and KPIs
- Manage communities and respond to comments and DMs
- Research and reach out to influencers for collaborations
- Help with designing marketing assets and collateral
- Find new ways to leverage social media activities and keep informed with changes in the industry
- Must have outstanding writing and editing skills
- Must have advanced computer skills and strong familiarity with the web
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Must have direct experience with all social media channels and audiences
- Must have a basic understanding of marketing concepts and principles
- Must be quick learner who listens and asks good questions
- Must have ability to meet deadlines and produce quality work. This means you are willing to put in the effort/time required to get the job “done right” – not “done right now.”
- Must have enough confidence to share your ideas, participate in business conversations, and take (or give) constructive criticism
- Must have positive disposition and ability to play well with others
- Must be available to work between 15-25 hours per week
- Must have the flexibility to work a non-traditional schedule - MUST HAVE THURSDAY - SUNDAY AVAILABILITY
This is an unpaid position for candidates who are able to receive school credit.
- Mission based company
- 20% Product Discount
- Special product and event perks
- Flexible time-off policy
Simply For the Planet
About Simply Zero: At Simply Zero sharing our passion means everything to us. Our mission is to support and educate others who are consciously considering the impact their lifestyle choices have on the world. Our goal is to impact lives, through the use of everyday products that help us make a difference. We want to help our customers find a more sustainable, fulfilling lifestyle that enables them to give back, connect thoughts, share ideas and stories that uncover a better way to live…simply for the planet.
Simply Zero provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.